2011-10-20

Methi Pratha (Fenugreek flat bread)

0 comments
I like Methi/ Fenugreek leaves for their little bitter taste which they add to any dish.It's easily available at any Indian grocery store.I usually make methi sabzi but this time I wanted to try something different.
I was thinking hard as what I should make out of it and decided on methi paratha which my mom generally makes during weekends.

The following recipe is given to me by my mom.Hope you give it a try and let me know how it came..



Ingredients :- 
  1. 1 cup wheat flour
  2. 2 tbsp besan ( gram flour)
  3. 2 cups of Methi leaves
  4. 1 tbsp garlic paste
  5. 2 tbsp curd
  6. 4 Green chili finely chopped
  7. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
  8. salt as per taste
  9. 1 cup water.
  10. Oil for cooking.

Method :-
  1. Wash methi leaves , finely chop it and keep it aside.
  2. In a bowl add wheat flour, besan, turmeric, green chili, garlic ,salt,curd and methi leaves add water and roll it into a soft dough.
  3. Divide it into equal sized balls.Roll out each and cook it on a tawa/pan by adding little oil until bot sides are golden brown in color.
  4. Serve it hot with curd.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! :)
don't be a silent reader, leave your feedback here, we would love to hear from you and thanks
for visiting.

If you want to write to us personally you can mail us at thevincarosa@gmail.com

 
To The Herbs © 2011